|Methods of Insemination||Sire & Dam Standings|
|History of Frozen Insemination||How to Read A Pedigree|
|Reproduction Problems||Breeding Theories|
HOW TO READ A PEDIGREE
The definitive source of pedigree information worldwide.
Grandsire (grandfather of the dog on the father's side)
(father of the dog)
Granddam (Grandmother of the dog on the father's side)
Grandsire (grandfather of the dog on the mother's side)
Dam (mother of the dog)
Granddam (grandmother of the dog on the mother's side)
The pedigree shows 5 generations and you can scroll through the pedigree by clicking at the sire and dam. Inbred dogs are marked in bright red. All ancestors of these bright red dogs are colored dark red. Bright red dogs embedded among dark red ones shows that there is additional inbreeding to these dogs. Please note that the pedigree shows five generations but six generations are considered for the inbreeding marking. So it may be that a dog is marked as inbred but only showed once on the screen.
THE RASMUSSEN FACTOR
The Rasmussen Factor is a theory established by the famous US thoroughbred writer Leon Rasmussen. As a service to those interested in the Rasmussen Factor, we use italicized letters to mark the Rasmussen dams.
On the left side of the pedigree and below the greyhound name is the following information:
- also known as - in case the dog has had several names, e.g. "Race One" became "Race First"
- color - the international abbreviation for the coat color [see list of color]
- sex - in addition to the sex, important active sires are marked
- weight - the weight is given in kilograms and lbs
- date of birth - if the last number of the birth year is unknown there is an 'X' instead
- land of birth - country where the dog was born
- land of standing - country where the dog lives
- earmark - the right ear-/left ear tattoo number of the dog
- sirebook - name and number of the dog's sire book in which the dog was published and the dogs sirebook ID
- breeder - name of the breeder
- owner - name of the owner; if he has an email address you can click on the letter sign - to write him
- offspring - in case the dog has some offspring, the number will be shown; by clicking on the number you can see a detailed list
- races - if there are races known to the database, the number will be shown; to have a look at these races please click at the number